Support Services Meeting Notes
September 29, 2005
September 29, 2005
Present: Bill Covey, Will Chaney, Brian Keith, Rob Roberts, Grace StrawnAnnouncements
- The book move at ALF has started. Publix is ready, although there is still trouble with the dumpsters. Moving stuff from LAD is next. Will take roughly a month to complete. Rent deal: holds until we fully occupy. End of November is the 90-day point.
- Building construction - nothing critical figured out about the rails installation. Café - no word yet, either. Wait and see. The space is there.
- One person out Friday.
- Meeting with VOIP guy.
- 14 chairs for Education are a-go.
- PPD - door lock changed to the Journalism Com closet. Now Systems has no key.
- Barbara returns starting tomorrow - half days.
- Working on finances.
- Found a department ID that was never corrected - standard PeopleSoft woe.
- Spending available cash for bookends in West - now, no travel budget. Wait for carry forward? Can't use carry forward for Travel.
- Three workstations were compromised last week. One has been F-disked; all three have been removed from the network. We've asked CNS for more info. Still investigating.
- AD conversion - is going OK, there have been a few blips - and there's probably still a few more to come. The password policy was changed to where it was asking anyone logging on to the Library Web page for a user ID and password. Luckily, we had saved and were able to restore the prior policy. There was also a discrepancy using a clustered server as the first server. Since that was rectified, things have been proceeding.
- New Exchanges server - ready to start migrating to it tomorrow night.
- The replacement Web server is up: ready and waiting.
- New employee, Tina Pruitt, started September 23. She is migrating from Shands. Dolapo is training her. As soon as she's capable, Dolapo will return to Business Services. Probably this week.
- Jeffrey Barr resigned on September 23.
- Benefits training - Lisa Hodges - good attendance. Another general meeting is scheduled for October 3.
- Town Meeting - Thursday. Brian is scheduled to speak about open enrollment. Announcement will be sent out.
- Brian will be off on Friday.
- Next Friday, Oct 7 is Homecoming. UF works half-day.
- Tenure and Promotion balanced.