Support Services Meeting Notes
October 2, 2006
October 2, 2006
Present: Bill Covey, Will Chaney, Brian Keith, Barbara Oliver, Rob RobertsAnnouncements
- Trying to figure out the worse case scenario for the state 27 cent an hour minimum wage raise.
- Barbara received an email from Dale telling her it is okay to go ahead with the Education reupholster - taking it from carry-forward funds. It is a total of about 250 chairs and 1-2 lounge chairs.
- Bill Sutherland came with the Haywood people - neither Bill, Barbara, nor Rob was available.
- All of the mini-grants requests have been received. Barbara is reviewing. The top five will be funded.
- Please send Bill one shining highlight of your department in the last fiscal year.
- The Archer is back. It is on a pedestal downstairs on the second floor. A student who did his thesis on the artist, Henry Moore, has informed us that the rump is facing the elevator. We've also had students touching it - as thought it were interactive. May have to rope it off to discourage such behavior. Still working on where to mount the Smathers plaque. May have a whole wall dedicated to displaying plaques.
- Waiting on an update on the Systems carpeting. It is in limbo at the moment. We are putting new lights in up on the second floor.
- The Facilities pager/intercom is working. There was a complaint of distortion in the speakers. Greg has adjusted the volume down by 30%.
- Shelving ports activated. The electricians are here looking at the shelving lighting.
- Space Saver - they came in and did a walk-through on the alignment. There are logical problems. It is almost done. Once we sign off on it, they will be covered by a ten-year warranty.
- West fire drill - last Friday - each department decides on a meeting place outside the building. Need to inform the firemen if special needs people are still trying to get out.
- Xerox print server - should be built and ready to go. Will has to upgrade.
- The Circulation DVD and TV orders have been submitted.
- When will we be going to wallplate/VOIP in East? We're next on the list - after Systems moves back. We need that carpet to be done within two weeks. Will use analog line for all faxes. In general, no extra jacks for phone/data - only if there is a need for multiple machines.
- We will be testing the Verify Patron failover Wed 10/11/06 7:30-7:45AM.
- Community Campaign - Silent Auction set for today and tomorrow. Bake Sale Thursday 10AM-2PM. All donation cards have been distributed.
- Next week - early payroll due to Homecoming holiday.
- Brian will be out at the state chairperson training at Holly-in-the-Hills next Monday-Wednesday.
- Tina is out sick today.
- Raise files - no comments.
- T&P and sabbatical season to begin.