Support Services Meeting Notes
October 3, 2005
October 3, 2005
Present: Bill Covey, Will Chaney, Brian Keith, Rob Roberts, Grace StrawnHR
- Open Enrollment starts today. Brian will be presenting two information sessions: one tomorrow afternoon and one on Thursday morning.
- The new HR employee, Tina Pruitt, is getting up-to-speed at the job.
- Dolapo has returned to Business Services (after a two-day vacation).
- JB - privileges not wiped yet. Recession period for resignation has not yet passed. Barbara needs to know the details of the buy-out, vacation & sick pay.
- Move going very well: LAD to Publix. Question of gas mileage - gave them use of our vehicles, but that only leaves us with two. Should be OK. This is like a footprint for the move to West.
- Bookends are done - PO reinstated. No date for performance. Should be installed. Barbara will speak with Finance and Accounting for further details.
- Inventory to Property - cannibalized shelving - two decals are applied to it. Need to get the PO from Property Records - give Barbara the PO.
- Art deco chairs - 75-100 of them from Library East. What to do with them? Would like to sell them - maybe auction. On hold - may need them as replacement.
- Clarification: JB's permissions remain intact? Yes.
- AD migration - most users have been moved over. Problem accounts seem to be ones that have been here for a long time. They will need to be migrated manually. We will use a utility that should help. Exchange is still an issue.
- Web server conversion- need an additional statement of work (quote/money) in order to get it converted. The new box is ready-to-go.
- Web mail - new address: https://webmail.uflib.ufl.edu. Don't forget the 's'.
- Had a compromised machine this morning - took it off the network immediately. It will have to be rebuilt. Location: Circ Desk in MSL. Need to figure out what's going on there - survey the area, make sure the updates are getting done.
- Geoffrey is back from his weeklong Linux training.
- List of candidates for the committee on the future of the Libraries. Candidates are predominately high-level faculty. Will be figuring out where the Library should be in 15 years.
- $1 million for furniture in West - Barbara wants to see the specs and PO.
- Barbara would like to change the contingency when the moving bid goes out. Need ready cash.