Support Services Meeting Notes
November 5, 2007
November 5, 2007
Present: Bill Covey, Will Chaney, Brian Keith, Erich Kesse, Barbara Oliver, Rob RobertsBusiness Services
- Plugging along.
- Barbara finished the quarterly.
- 1 staff out this AM; it will be 2 by this PM.
- The terrazzo guy is on campus. Need to get quotes for replacing the threads in East front and back stairwells and the floor - 3 quotes total.
- Asbestos abatement - Special Collections - no elevator access, so cost goes up. They will start this week as the PO finally went through.
- Circ desk box - no word.
- Lutron - need to copy the database to Peter's laptop. His class starts right after Thanksgiving.
- PPD Lenel training is tentatively scheduled for early December. Two or three from Facilities will attend. Jim Stevens and Pat Haskins? Maybe.
- Lenel conversion? They have been here sporadically. Need to call and check.
- T&K people - buttons and signs on elevators replaced.
- MSL colors, etc. - decorator to get the stuff in a week - no word yet. Rob will talk to Pam Cenzer.
- Master browser issue - Will is working on it.
- Anti-virus - Will is working on automatic updates.
- DLOC closed - lost $1000 due to a PeopleSoft problem. New DLOC money has not been issued yet.
- FIU to hire new candidate.
- FIU asked for advanced notice on closing dates for payments.
- Women & Development is open - $10,000 OPS allocated for it. Won't ask for it in advance.
- FDA reader - remote SQL tables - Florida Digital archive - input routine - get Systems programmers to do it.
- Technical Coordinator position is vacant.
- DLC Web pages - took the UF and Library templates and reworked it. Please check it out. Bill notes that the UF banner cannot be changed.
- Tina is out this week.
- Effort Tracking - UF is keyed up on this event. There is a form for the employee to sign noting how their effort is invested. Kristy is working on the report. Hope to get it out this week.
- Email sent out announcing the second phase of the staff market equity increase. Will show in Nov. 21 paycheck.
- Tenure & Promotion is in full bloom. Will be coming to a head this week.
- Sam Huang - waiting for the approval to the language for the Senior Development Officer offer.
- Christmas Eve Dec. 24 announced as a holiday.
- Library Council - minimum wage going through for a little under 2%. No paperwork required from departments.
- West - festooning of signs to come. They will be hanging from the ceiling, on the walls, near the elevators - all over. Discussion about a free-standing Directory Pedestal is ongoing.
- Security experts - talking with Directors - suggestions for safe sections.
- Tentative date of Nov. 13 for the Strategic Planning session.
- Working to finalize the OPS budget.
- Holidays - lots forthcoming.