Support Services Meeting Notes
November 10, 2008
November 10, 2008
Present: Bill Covey, Will Chaney, Michelle Foss, Rob Roberts, Laurie TaylorFacilities
- Physical Plant meeting this afternoon regarding the "Blue Light Project" - for the Diabetes Foundation. Various buildings on campus are set to be lit up blue: Century Tower, Stadium, etc. Library West is to be among them.
- Receptionist Desk for Reference is being installed today. The modules were built a bit large for the elevator and had to be cut.
- West lighting change for energy reduction - the emergency lights are all that are left on when the library is actually closed. We need to get numbers as to the cost of what they want to do. Harold spoke with the PPD directors - he suggested maybe if there is money left over from the MSL carpeting and the engineering study in East, it could be applied to the West lighting issue. We need to get estimates.
- Physical Plant - called to ask about the stuff in the mechanical room. It turned out to be chairs waiting for the Agotti repair. We called Agotti - they forgot about the chairs. They will be out here today to complete them.
- Painting estimates from PPD - West: complete stairwells and wall on the first floor - $1108. Just up to the Wayne's coat would be: $940. Group study room, West: $4900. They need to know what we want to do and then it can be scheduled for the break timeframe. They will use water-based enamel. Need to know ASAP.
- - $1108. Just up to the Wayne's coat would be: $940. Group study room, West: $4900. They need to know what we want to do and then it can be scheduled for the break timeframe. They will use water-based enamel. Need to know ASAP. Clemons and Rob will meet this week to budget prices and get an estimate.
- Mail - PO Box conversion - official date set for January 5.
- Lori is out. Angela is on vacation.
- Course Reserves - getting ready for spring semester. Faculty has been notified to submit requests.
- ILL - busy as usual. We will stop processing requests in the middle of December due to the increase in holiday mail.
- We are moving forward on the campus delivery initiative. They are pilot testing at the Law School. No results yet.
- Hang - ALF/Storage - set up ILLIAD and Odyssey for them as an efficient way to send out documents.
- Greenstone Server - problem since Thursday - drive failure. Logan looked at it on Saturday. The drive is available at 47% this morning. The long term fix will be to rebuild it from the ground up. It is close to capacity. Bill wants to know why we are in this mess.
- UFAD - It is going fairly well. Winston has been working with the PowerShell tool. It has helped to migrate everything except individual server permissions. We will test it soon.
- Quote for the JPEG2K server: $10,500. 5TB.
- 300G unable to load to UFDC. Hopefully, today.
- Trying to get more newspapers to load digitally.
- Mark is working on XML auto generator for Marc records.
- De-duplicate PALMM records.
- Cathy is checking on Google API.
- We are having a celebration for Erich's birthday on Monday at 2PM. It will be an immigration wake. Erich is now officially gone - he has resigned.
- Business Process modeling for the entire organization - we have to develop a model of library operations - integrating ILL, ERES, ALEPH, information flows, etc. Need to document anything useful that we enter via the online system. Need to think long-term. It should be designed to incorporate all things of interest. Think in terms of your operation. This is being driven by all the state libraries. It was not getting widespread support at first. Information gathering is critical. They want to ship it out by January. Blog diagrams of info flow will suffice. We need to get ours done.
- Erich has officially resigned. His position will be posted.
- Stephanie is moving to MSL. DLC is essentially being restructured.