Minutes of Smathers
Middle Manager's Meeting
September 2, 2004
Present: Joe Aufmuth, Gary Cornwell, Robena Cornwell, Trudi DiTrolio, Carol Drum, Leilani Freund, Martha Hruska, Tom Minton, Cathy Mook, Pat Reakes, Betsy Simpson, Jan Swanbeck, Carol TurnerHurricane Preparation
Role-based Security Schemes
- We will unplug everything once UF decides what they are going to do. When things come back up will depend on conditions.
- One SUS school is recommending that staff wrap their workstations in plastic. We don’t normally do this, but if you’re in an area with chronic rain problems, then go ahead and cover it up. Make sure it is unplugged first!
- Liaisons know the drill.
- When the servers are down, they’ll be no access to Web or mail. Back-up tapes will be made.
- MSL is supposed to be open on Saturday, will have to wait to see what UF announces at 12:30 PM today.
- We are going to be asking departments to make role-based security schemes relative to our network and access.
- Preservation has worked out a good scheme that maps out work groups, access to servers, etc.
- We’d like it be like one-stop shopping with network access, passwords, personal folders, web, ALEPH and PeopleSoft.
- This will be difficult to figure out. Need to think of it as an idealized world, not as it is now.
- Timeframe: 2-3 months to delineate schemes.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated September 15, 2004
by Debra Fetzer