Minutes of Smathers Middle Managers Meeting
February 3, 2005
February 3, 2005
Present: Joe Aufmuth, Denise Bennett, Rich Bennett, Trudi DiTrolio, Carol Drum, Iona Malanchuk, Tom Minton, Cathy Mook, Patrick Reakes, Betsy Simpson, Jan Swanbeck, Ben WalkerVOIP in MSL
- Carol Drum is inquiring if there is any new information on VOIP in MSL.
- As far as we know, it is proceeding as scheduled and should be done by March.
- As far as the phones go: check with Facilities.
- The quality of phone service should improve with VOIP. Everyone should have individual phone numbers.
- Eventually, VOIP will be in all of the Libraries: first MSL, then the other branches. East will be last, once all the refugees have moved out.
- In about 15-18 months, we can expect all of the Libraries converted to VOIP.
- Phone numbers should not change, but hold off on the new business cards for now.
- Difficulties with the Web server and the applications it is running - slow response rate.
- The problem is not with the Web server itself. Nor is it an outside attack.
- Network sniffer software was installed and detected that we had some devices that were spewing data. We've now got that stopped.
- Two of the three sources have been stopped; we're still searching for the last one.
- We've replaced five network interface cards as a result of the troubleshooting.
- As of last night, response time now appears to be normal.
- The problem is was on subnet 54. It should be okay now. If you do see slowdowns, let us know.
- As a result of our intrusion detection, we found some anomalies on some workstations - and they will be hearing from Systems.