Minutes of Smathers Middle Managers Meeting
July 6, 2006
July 6, 2006
Present: Joe Aufmuth, Denise Bennett, Rich Bennett, Will Chaney, Robena Cornwell, Trudi DiTrolio, Lori Driscoll, Carol Drum, Iona Malunchuk, Patrick Reakes, Jan SwanbeckLibrary West Computers
Public Services Technical Coordinator
- We had plenty of volunteers that assisted in setting up the public machines in West. Thanks to everyone.
- There is still more work to be done - setting up the high-end machines.
- Classroom configurations - we are waiting on Dell and Media Tech. There is some bickering about an additional quote and costs.
- HR training room - waiting for Dell to contact Media Tech.
- We have all of the laptops - the ones for the classrooms and the ones to load out. Just need to configure them and work out the details.
- The Public Services Technical Coordinator has been hired. Both of the candidates in the running were good, but in the end we decided on Amy Polk. She starts on July 14 and we think she will be a good fit.
Transfer of Services
- All ordering is on hold until July 9th.
- IT budget - next year it will be a fixed amount. Might want to really consider what orders get approved. We may have significantly less money.
- Directors are going to give each department their own supply budgets to manage.
- We won't think of IT as absolute. Large purchases could be allocated from a different budget.
- Docutek has been transferred.
- ILLIAD is in the process of being transferred.