Minutes of Smathers Middle Managers Meeting
November 2, 2006
November 2, 2006
Present: Joe Aufmuth, Denise Bennett, Will Chaney, Robena Cornwell, Carol Drum, Leilani Freund, Brian Keith, Cathy Martyniak, Tom Minton, Patrick Reakes, Betsy Simpson, Jan Swanbeck, Ben WalkerGatorLink Guest Account
- GatorLink Guest Accounts will be going away. There will be a new procedure for creating guest accounts. Pretty much anyone on staff could create them. We probably want just staff working on the Circ desk to have this ability? This decision probably should be made by the Circulation Policy Group (Lori Driscoll). The GatorLink Guest Account disappears on November 10th. Carol Drum notes that it wasn't that long ago that we used to send non-UF people to the Computing Help Desk at Circa for computer access - we did not accommodate them in the Libraries. Once the Circulation Policy Group decides - Systems will need to know the names of the staff who will be assigning guest accounts so the correct roles can be assigned in PeopleSoft.
- IE 7 just was just released last night. Systems is waiting to get this group's input before pushing it. Will has it installed, it seems fine. Systems recommends using Firefox, but there are some sites that require IE.
- The general consensus seems to be to hold off on IE 7 for a few months. We can evaluate it as we go. Users can download it on their own if they want, but we won't push it to workstations yet.
Verify Patron Testing
- Xerox print services - we're still having some problems, but the new server is online. Most are printing, but there are still issues with PDFs.
- Documents print release station is not working. They've got printing pointing upstairs in MSL.
- The PDF problem is being worked on.
- They reinstalled printers in MSL, but they are still not charging.
- The verify patron testing we conducted last month did not work so well in most places.
- How it was installed and where it was installed on machines was a problem.
- Systems software programmers are working on it. Right now we're testing it in LAC and Music. It is working, but slow to failover. We continue to troubleshoot.
- We will conduct another mini test week, as we have to do a NT4 restart.