Minutes of Smathers Middle Managers Meeting
April 5, 2007
April 5, 2007
Present: Joe Aufmuth, Denise Bennett, Rich Bennett, Robena Cornwell, Michelle Crump, Trudi DiTrolio, Carol Drum, Jason Fleming, John Freund, Leilani Freund, Winston Harris, Brian Keith, Iona Malanchuk, Peter McKay, Betsy Simpson, Carol Turner, Ben WalkerNew Staff Workstation Order
- Should be ordered next week when Will returns. Will be ordered on batches. 173 standard workstations with 19" monitors, 13 dual 17" monitor workstations and 33 special configuration workstations for DLC. They will all come pre-loaded with XP (not VISTA) and MS Office. We won't move to VISTA until this summer. This gives us more time to test our apps with it.
- Xerox installed a patch to fix the PDF printing. Unfortunately, it broke all printing. They backed out the patch, but now the occasional large PDF will get stuck in the queue.
- Be sure to make sure your machines at home are also updated. The exploit has to do with animated cursor files. The threat level is expected to increase in time. Everyone is vulnerable.
- Vista is not yet compatible with ALEPH. Not sure if the incompatibility occurs at installation or with function. Rich has had reports that Vista could not install with ALEPH. No response from Ex Libris.
- We are not encouraging Vista upgrades. We need to mention at the Liaison meeting not to upgrade to Vista is you need to use ALEPH for your work.