Minutes of Smathers Middle Managers Meeting
February 5, 2009
February 5, 2009
Present: Joe Aufmuth, Rich Bennett, Will Chaney, Robena Cornwell, Michelle Crump, Lori Driscoll, Stacey Ewing, Jason Fleming, Brian Keith, Cathy Martyniak, Iona Malanchuk, Betsy Simpson, Bonnie Smith, Jan SwanbeckUFAD/Exchange Migration
- Address book problems - the Library address listing is in place now, but will change. We are working on the services accounts - shared mailboxes, calendars, etc.
- Mailbox size - if you are moving a lot of mail into your mailbox at one time, please notify us in advance so we can arrange for UFAD to extend the size of the mailbox.
- Bounced-back mail - we are having trouble with oversized mail and email contacts.
- There were a lot of problems that we did not anticipate. In general, the move went pretty well. It would have been easier to start with a whole new system rather than merge.
- There are a handful of workstations that have not been merged. Hope to have most of this straightened out by the end of next week.
- Remote access - computer name is the same. Use Gatorlink name and password.
- Retired folks - old accounts are not active. We're working out the details. If they're on a listserv, it's bouncing.
- Barracuda - discussion of the UF Exchange junk mail filter.
- ILL Lending & Borrowing has been down due to migration issues. We expect it to be resolved by tomorrow.
- The servers will have to eventually be migrated to UFAD.
ALEPH v. 19
- The Workstation Support Unit will be conducting hardware inventory soon. They will be going to each department.
- They will also be collecting excess equipment so that it can be reassigned to other areas as need arises. Departments can return equipment in advance, or we will pick it up during inventory.
Library Home Page
- Jason to send notification as to the date of update to version 19.
- New Library Web page to be submitted for review on February 9th and is scheduled for roll-out on February 16th.
- Eventually secondary pages will be updated. It is a work in progress.