Associate Chair, Associate University Librarian
Office: L-209B, Marston Science Library
Phone: (352) 273-2879
M.S.L.S., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
B.A., University of Florida
Research Interests: assessment of information seeking behaviors, library instruction, and marketing of library services
Responsibilities: Agricultural & Biological Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Nuclear & Radiological Engineering
- Leonard, M., M. Johnson, A. Buhler, & M. Royster. (2013). Using Gaming Technology to Teach Responsible Conduct of Research. Contributed paper. Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education, 120th Annual Conference.
- Johnson, M., A. Buhler, and S. Gonzalez. (2013). Communicating with future scholars: Engaging undergraduate science students with open access issues. In S. Davis-Kahl & M. Hensley (Eds.), Common ground at the nexus of information literacy and scholarly communication. Washington DC: Association of College & Research Libraries.
- Cataldo, T. & A. Buhler. (2013). Positively Perplexing E-books: Digital Natives' Perceptions of Electronic Information Resources. Proceedings of the Charleston Conference
- DeVane, B., M. Johnson, M. Foss-Leonard, & A. Buhler. (2012). Designed controversies: Creating teachable moments about research ethics through games. Proceedings of the Games, Learning, and Society 8.0 Conference
- Leonard, M., M. Johnson, A. Buhler, & M. Royster. (2012). Exploring gaming technology to influence ethical research. Proceedings of the International Association of Aquatic and Marine Science Libraries and Information Centers Annual Conference.
- Buhler, A.G., M. Leonard, M. Johnson, and B. DeVane. (2011). Gaming Against Plagiarism: A Partnership between the Library and Faculty. Contributed paper. Proceedings of the American Society for Engineering Education, 118th Annual Conference.
- Johnson, M., M.J. Clapp, S.R. Ewing, and A.G. Buhler. (2011). Building a Participatory Culture: Collaborating with Student Organizations for 21st Century Library Instruction. Collaborative Librarianship. 3(1), 2-15.
- Johnson, M., A.G. Buhler, and C. Hillman. (2010). The Library is Undead: Information Seeking During the Zombie Apocalypse. Journal of Library Innovation. 1(2), 29-43.
- Buhler, A.G., N. Ferree, T.T. Cataldo, and M.R. Tennant. (2010). External Reporting Lines of Academic Special Libraries: A Health Sciences Case Study. College & Research Libraries. 71(5), 467-494.
- Johnson, M., Buhler, A., and Holmes, K. (2010) Enabling a network of scientists: 2010 VIVO Conference Report. Library Hi Tech News. 27 (9-10)
- Buhler, A.G. and V.I. Davis. (2010). Elegance of Science: Coordinating an Annual Scientific Art Contest at the Library. C&RL News, 71(5), 248-251.
- Bennett, D.B. and A.G. Buhler. (2010). Browsing of E-journals by Engineering Faculty. Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship. 61.