Outreach Librarian for Agricultural Sciences
Office: L-209A, Marston Science Library
Phone: (352) 273-2880
M.L.S., Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL (2002)
B.A., University of South Florida, Tampa, FL, (1998)
Research Interests: agricultural information, outreach, ontologies and other assistive technologies, such as GatorScholar.
Subject Responsibilities: Animal Sciences, General Agriculture, Agronomy and Plant Pathology, Food Science & Human Nutrition, Horticultural Science, Environmental Horticulture
- Buhler, A., Davis, V. (2009) Elegance of Science: Coordinating an Annual Scientific Art Contest at the Library. College & Research Libraries News. Submitted for publication.
- Davis, V., Foss, M. (2009) Supporting the distance learning community with Interlibrary Loan and Collection Management at the University of Florida Libraries. Journal of Library & Information Services in Distance Learning. 3 (2) p. 55-66
- Davis, V., Devare, M., Gonzalez, S., Tennant, M. (2009) Implementation of a new research discovery tool by the university libraries at Cornell University and the University of Florida. Proceedings of the Contributed Papers Session. SLA Biomedical and Life Sciences Division. http://units.sla.org/division/dbio/events/conf_past/contr.html
- Davis, V., Dinsmore, C. (2008). Serving a diverse and ever-changing agricultural sciences department: Family, Youth & Community in perspective. Journal of Agricultural and Food Information. Binghamton: Haworth Press. 10 (1). 17-26
- Gonzalez, S., Davis, V., Dinsmore, C., Frey, C., Newsom, C., Taylor, L. (2008). Bioactive: A Game for Library Instruction. Gaming in Academic Libraries: Collections, Marketing, and Information Literacy. Chicago: IL. 164-174
- Kennedy, K., Cataldo, T., Davis, V., Gonzalez, S., & Newsom, C. (2008). Evaluating Continuing Resources: Perspectives and Methods from Science Librarians. Serials Librarian. 55 (3).
- Davis, V. (2007). Challenges of Connecting Off-Campus Agricultural Science Users with Library Services. Journal of Agricultural and Food Information. Binghamton: Haworth Press.