The Marston Science Library provides display facilities for public use. The display room is 94" wide x 176" long x 108" high, is located at the front doors of Marston Science Library, and is visible to those entering and leaving the building. Exhibits using these facilities shall further one or more of these purposes:
- Call attention to a theme related to library services, collections or programs
- Highlight current issues, events or other subjects of public interest
- Explain the activities of, or issues of interest to, local organizations and agencies engaged in educational, recreational, cultural, intellectual or charitable activities
- Name and contact information for the group or individual preparing the display must be a part of the display.
- Displays must not damage walls, ceilings or carpeting.
- A single group or individual is limited to one one-month display in a twelve-month period. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the library in the case of particular public or educational interest.
- The group or individual preparing the display must vacuum or clean the display area, window areas, and any surrounding area affected by the display upon removal.
- The group or individual preparing the display may use the library loading dock for loading or unloading, but is also responsible for requesting a decal from the Marston Science Library main office. No vehicles are allowed to park in undesignated parking areas, including sidewalks or courtyards.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for theft, loss, damage or destruction of items left for display.
- The Library does not accept responsibility for ensuring that all points of view are represented in any single display. Granting of permission to display materials does not imply Library endorsement of content; nor will the Library accept responsibility for the accuracy of statements made in such materials.
- The Library will not allow a display that denigrates cultures, religious beliefs, political beliefs, or particular individuals.
Procedures for Reserving the Display Area: