- Each patron can only have one reservation at a time.
- To check out a key you must be a current University of Florida student or faculty member.
- The person who made the reservation must be present to check out the key to the room.
- Reservations expire 30 minutes after the start of the reservation. The room can then be checked out or booked by other patrons.
- Room keys may be renewed at the circulation desk if the next block of time for that room is not booked.
- It is acceptable for multiple people in the same group to reserve consecutive blocks of time in a room. However, the key must be returned and rechecked out at the circulation desk to the next reservation holder in the group to avoid late fines.
- A minimum of two occupants must be present to use most study rooms.
- The walls and windows may not be covered or altered by users of the room.
- Rooms must be ready to use when vacated by the assignee. No personal items may be left behind. Furniture, whiteboard, marker and eraser must stay in the study room. Furniture may not be removed or added to the study room.
- Do not leave any personal material unattended. The library is not responsible for any thefts.
- Study Room keys may not be duplicated.
In addition to the above, the person who checked out the key is also responsible for:
- The condition of the study room and library items belonging in the study room.
- Any loud conversation that can be heard outside of the study room.
- Returning the study room key to the Marston Science Library Service desk.
Study room keys not returned on time are subject to overdue fines. The fines are as follows:
- $10.00 per hour for late return of room key.
- $100.00 lost room key charge with a $35.00 processing fee.