Federal Work Study Student Assistant
Marston Science Library, Stack Management
Pay Rate: $7.67 per hour
Stack Management Student Assistant (2 needed)— Student employees are responsible for re-shelving books, organizing books within the library, shifting books, and working on projects as assigned. Some projects include conducting collection inventories, keeping records of titles used, and searching within the catalog. Student employees are responsible for keeping sections in order by checking the call numbers, straightening the shelves, and reporting problems (damaged books, etc.).
Student employees may also work on correcting library records in a database, barcoding items, and updating spreadsheets in Excel. Attention to detail is critical.
- Work hours are Monday through Friday (8am until 7pm) for a minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Available to work Summer A and B with the option to continue working in the Fall.
- Federal Work Study
- Capable of working independently, detail oriented
- Available to start immediately and continue work over the Summer.
- Apply online and in person. – A Marston Science Library paper application must be submitted in addition to the Gatorjobs application. The Marston Science Library application is available at the Marston Science Library circulation desk. Return the paper application with your ISIS class schedule and Federal Work Study permit to the Marston Science Library circulation desk.
Apply online at: http://jobs.ufl.edu/postings/40469