Print Media Management Committee
Wednesday Jan. 23th
Presiding: Robert Parker
Opening expected issues for subscriptions with patterns– Jason Fleming
For expected issues to open:
- Pattern has to be linked properly
- The sequence number in the subscription has to match the value 853x$$9 in the linked holding record.
Create a Set of Records
- In the Acquisitions module perform a search
- Sublibrary collection (WSC) = ??? ???
- (i.e. UFSED PER)
- Save this set on the server
Serial 13 Open expected issues
- From Services menu choose the submenu “Serials” and click on the report titled: Open Expected Issues (Serial-13)
Fill in values for Serial-13
- For input file put in the name of the set you saved
- Name the output descriptively
- Open expected issues until end of year
- Click on Yes : Update Database
- Even if the right HOL # is linked to the right subscription, the issues may not open if sequence # is wrong
- If you run the report twice with the same record in different sets, you may open the next year’s expected issues as well
- Contact Jason with problems
- Jason can also provide a report on records that have linked HOL # with the wrong sequence number.
Bobby has created a link on the Committee’s webpage to Jason’s power point presentation. Here is a direct link to the presentation:
(Clicking on the above link will open a PowerPoint file.)
Cross Divisional Meeting – Raimonda
The Libraries are starting to upload content onto YouTube.
Discussion on the construction of the Joint Storage Facility continues. Final approval and funding for the project will come from the State Legislature, and not UF. Facility is planned for construction out by existing storage facilities out by the airport sometime in 2010/2011.
Security Guards (?)
Building and Security Updates: Marston is scheduled to get new carpeting during the upcoming break. West will have floor reworked (?)
Extended hours were viewed as a success. Statistics held by Lori Driscoll point to large numbers of the student body utilizing the library during extended hours. The Libraries are thinking about running the program again. Costs of the program ran to about 5,000 dollars. These costs were covered by the Libraries. The costs for the next implementation of the program will be covered by Student Government.
Domestic Approval Plans: Discussions on the subject continue.
Library use of Blogs and Wikis: Jason showed the group the Acquisitions and Licensing blog. Raimonda showed the group the Tech. Services wiki. The Libraries will be setting aside a server to host library blogs and other such services. Existing content can be transferred to this server.
Trudi’s retirement and the disbursement of her work load were discussed at the Cross Divisional Meeting.
Discussion of PMMC meeting schedule – Everyone
It was decided by the group to meet on a quarterly, instead of bi-monthly schedule from now on. The next meeting is scheduled for the 20th of March.
Branch Binding – Robert Parker
Robert Parker discussed the binding budget for the current fiscal year. About 40% of the budget is left. There was a general call for ideas for binding projects. Carol Whitmer discussed the possibility of binding the Education Library’s re-classed monographs. This project would depend on input from the selectors. Robert Parker made it known to the group that the binding stats for the current fiscal year are posted on the Binding Unit webpage.