CONSERVATION: CONSERVATION: Goals 2008-2009
- Update Conservation Unit web pages to reflect more of public orientation.
- Retain current information, but put it more in the background. Feature information that the public looks for such as , links to preservation sites, conservation and binding information, how to take care of personal collectables and other such information.
- Investigate and price out new types of climate data monitoring equipment.
- Our current system no longer operates due to equipment failure and computer upgrades. It was also very labor intensive for the use. Will look at remote logging or in-house data collection.
- Revise Conservation Register.
- The current conservation database (Registry) is over 10 years old and has not adapted with the softwear upgrades. The plan is to work with Systems to develop a new or revise registry including the capability for reports and photographic documentation.