Library West Special Use Room Policy
Library West has a special use room available to enrolled students on a first-come first-served basis. Due to vandalism, library staff will check the condition of each room frequently. This is provided as a service of the Office of Multicultural and Diversity Affairs.
To inquire about room availability please visit the Library West Circulation Desk.
The key must be picked up in person at the Library West Circulation Desk and signed out by the assignee.
All personal belongings must be removed and the key returned to the Library West Circulation Desk within two (2) hours of sign-out or an overdue fine will be charged.
Guidelines for Use:
- The special use room is available for use during all hours Library West is open.
The assignee is responsible for the key and condition of the room.
- Vandalism is a serious offense which will result in loss of library privileges, disciplinary action, or criminal charges.
Room keys may not be duplicated.
- Library furniture from other locations may not be moved into the room.
Food is not permitted.
- The room is not completely soundproof. Please be considerate of other library users.
- Lights should be turned off and the door securely locked when leaving the study room.
The library is not responsible for the loss or theft of personal property. If you leave the room unattended, you risk the loss of your possessions.
- Lights should be turned off and the door securely locked when leaving the room.
Overdue fines are $10 per hour, up to $100. There is a non-refundable $35.00 replacement charge if the key is not returned. Library privileges will be blocked until fees are paid.
Please direct questions about this policy to the Assistant Director of Public Services.