Biscayne Bay Yacht Club
The Biscayne Bay Yacht Club was founded in 1887 by Ralph M. Munroe and Kirk Munroe (no relation). Ralph M. Munroe was the first Commodore of the club and served for 22 years. Kirk Munroe was the first Secretary of the club and served for 34 years.
- Biscayne Bay Yacht Club Records, HistoryMiami
- The Forgotten Frontier: Florida Through the Lens of Ralph Middleton Munroe, by Arva Moore Parks, 1977
- The Commodore's Story, by Ralph Middleton Munroe and Vincent Gilpin, 1930
- Ralph M. Munroe Family Papers, University of Miami Special Collections
- "The Commodore's Story: Early Miami History," An Exhibition of Photographs from the Ralph M. Munroe Family Papers, University of Miami Libraries Special Collections
- "Everglades Biographies: Ralph Middleton Munroe," by Gail Clement, Reclaiming the Everglades: South Florida's Natural History 1884 to 1934, Florida International University
- "Ralph Munroe," Wikipedia.org
- Kirk Munroe Papers, Manuscript Division, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
References in the Texts:
Links below open in a new browser window.
For other topics referenced in the Expedition texts, please refer to the Index to Subjects and Names.
1892 Everglades Exploration Expedition : Three Digital Texts, 2015