Search Finding Aids
This search engine will query the department's finding aids. It is recommended that searches be conducted using the default "Entire Site (All Finding Aids)" option. However, it is possible to limit searches to certain units within the department, including the Baldwin Library of Historical Children's Literature, the Belknap Collection for the Performing Arts, the General Manuscripts Collection, the P.K. Yonge Library of Florida History, and the University Archives.
- Searches are not case sensitive.
- There is no need to include "and" between terms. For example, simply input
"seminoles claims" to yield pages containing both Seminoles and claims.
- Use quotation marks to search for phrases. For example, simply input "university committee" to yield pages containing both words in that order.
- To retrieve pages that include either one word or another word, use
an uppercase OR between the terms. For example, inputting "Seminole OR claims" will retrieve pages that contain at least one of those words, but not necessarily both.
- Exclude words from a search by putting a minus
sign ("-") immediately in front of the term you want to avoid. For example, inputting "osceola -county" would retrieve pages containing Osceola but NOT containing County.
- Truncation or wildcard searches are not supported. For example, searching for "elec" or "elec*" will not retrieve pages with "election" or "elected".
- Stop words such as commonly used prepositions or articles are ignored. Such terms as "for" and "the" are disregarded. Use the plus sign ("+") to include stop words in your search, or input a phrase search surrounded by quotes. For example, inputting "lands +for you" will force the search engine to search for the stop word.