Skip to Search
Requesting "Checked Out" Items or Other Items that must be
Retrieved from Storage
- Any registered library user with borrowing
privileges may request an
item that displays a "Request" link on the catalog record.
- The search Results List will display this link on the far
right of the screen for most requestable books.
- Some records (e.g. for journals with many volumes) show "Check
Availability" on on the far right of the search Results LIst instead.
Click it to see these "Request" links for each specific volume at the
bottom of the Full record.
- Only use this alternative
form when the "Request" link does not appear, you do not
have an active library card, or you need to retrieve multiple
years/volumes of a newspaper or journal.
- Assistance is available at any public service desk or Ask a Librarian.